Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Autumn Time!!!



I LOVE this time of year! I wish the temps were a little cooler, but we're getting there. Unfortunately, here in the deep south we don't get too much fall weather. But I have decided to go ahead and usher in Autumn! I love all things with spice and especially pumpkin. I found a yummy recipe for pumpkin muffins on a blog recently, and decided to give it whirl tonight. They are are so yummy, but I think next time I'll go easy on the cloves and nutmeg. I didn't have raisins or nuts tonight, but next time I will definitely throw some in. Here's the recipe for anyone who is interested...

1c. sugar
1/2c. vegetable or canola oil
2 eggs
3/4c. pumpkin
1 1/2c. flour
1tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Mix sugar, oil, eggs, & pumpkin. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Stir in raisins & nuts. Pour into lined muffin pans and bake at 400 degrees...17-20 minutes for regular size, and 12-15 minutes for mini muffins. This recipe yields about 16 regulars or 30 minis. ( If you double it, which I did...then 1 can of pumpkin will do.)

Bon Apetite!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yummy! I am so going to try those. I am making pumpkin cream cheese bars,I will let you know if they are any good.

The Boover Bunch said...

The muffins were soooo yummy. I had the last of the ones you gave me for breakfast this morning. Yum. Lindsey's pumpkin cream cheese bars sound delish too.