I must say I am very proud of my boys! It has been a bumpy road at times, but well worth it. There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, yet in the end they're both so glad they didn't quit. I was worried that they wouldn't want to take lessons next year, but they've both told me they want to keep going...YAH! Matthew played "March of Victory", and also did a duet with Grandma, "Follow the Prophet". John played "Ode to Joy" and "Banjo Picker" was his duet with Grandma. They made this Mama proud! John's class at school had a talent show today. He was emphatic that he WOULD NOT participate. But when he got home this afternoon he proudly informed me that he did share his talent. Another girl in his class brought a keyboard, so he borrowed it and played both of his recital pieces from memory. Wow, was I shocked! What a brave thing to do. It's one thing to perform at a recital, but quite another to get up in front of your friends at school. What can I say...another proud moment! And lastly, no event would be complete without Emma trying to upstage everyone and steal the show. As her brothers and cousins got up to play their pieces, she would yell over and over, "Mannie's turn Mannie's turn(Maddie); "Caronine's turn Caronine's turn"(caroline); "Mattmoo's turn Mattmoo's turn"(matthew); "Johnny's turn Johnny's turn"(john). Yes, she is rotten, but oh so funny!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Piano Recital
I must say I am very proud of my boys! It has been a bumpy road at times, but well worth it. There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, yet in the end they're both so glad they didn't quit. I was worried that they wouldn't want to take lessons next year, but they've both told me they want to keep going...YAH! Matthew played "March of Victory", and also did a duet with Grandma, "Follow the Prophet". John played "Ode to Joy" and "Banjo Picker" was his duet with Grandma. They made this Mama proud! John's class at school had a talent show today. He was emphatic that he WOULD NOT participate. But when he got home this afternoon he proudly informed me that he did share his talent. Another girl in his class brought a keyboard, so he borrowed it and played both of his recital pieces from memory. Wow, was I shocked! What a brave thing to do. It's one thing to perform at a recital, but quite another to get up in front of your friends at school. What can I say...another proud moment! And lastly, no event would be complete without Emma trying to upstage everyone and steal the show. As her brothers and cousins got up to play their pieces, she would yell over and over, "Mannie's turn Mannie's turn(Maddie); "Caronine's turn Caronine's turn"(caroline); "Mattmoo's turn Mattmoo's turn"(matthew); "Johnny's turn Johnny's turn"(john). Yes, she is rotten, but oh so funny!
Posted by Manda Panda at 11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Way to go boys!!! That is awesome, you have the right to be a poud mama! Emma no dout is a hoot!
Keep up the good work, boys. I am glad I had piano when I was a kid. Amanda, a word of advice, don't say "someday you can play in church like Grandma." This comment was the kiss of death for Rebecca -- she quit piano when she realized that she would have to get up and play in church if she got good.
Your children are so beautiful. I found a mesmorizing clip of them on youtube. I'd love to come over one day and play.
Post a Comment