Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Family








Ok, so I'm sure you are all wondering the same thing...what is up with David's beard??? Actually, this picture DOES NOT do it justice. It is a sight to behold...you cannot even imagine. So, for the last 5 months he has very lovingly grown this beast of a beard. For those of you who don't know, David is in the Army and works in a unit that trains soldiers before they are sent to Iraq. It is actually a very cool job, and he loves it. Anyway, for some crazy reason they chose him to be their "poster child". Literally, he was asked to grow this beard and "let himself go". When there was sufficient growth, his picture was taken and a wanted poster was made with his scraggly face on it. The soldiers in training were supposed to be on the lookout for David, this fake Iraqi, who my sisters so lovingly referred to as "Osama Bin David".

I am pleased to announce that this week we bid farewell to the beard and welcomed our David back. He got promoted to the next rank and had to shave it off for the ceremony. I think he was a little sad to see it go. He and Parker informed me that any man with a penis dreams of being able to grow facial hair of that caliber...whatever! I'll be honest, I cried when I saw his clean shaven face, but they were tears of pure JOY!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi said...

deleted due to spelling error! anyway, i'm proud to be the first AND second responders!!! Beautiful family--love ya

The Boover Bunch said...

It's just not going to be the same without "Osama Bin David". He looked so handsome, though yesterday, so I know you are loving having a naked face to snuggle. Your pics are great. Love the blog...blog it up!

bigsexy said...

Greetings from Ohio. It is so great to see your family we miss you all. It is great that you are all blogging, it makes it feel like we know what is going on with ou all. It is a great way to keep in touch. Emma is so cute in her little glasses. I love them. It is great to finally see baby Ava. Love Jeff, Laura, Ethan and baby Austin-

bigsexy said...

Love the blog!!!! But it is going to be difficult to post better material. You started with what will obviously be the best picture of the next few months by posting pics of Osama Bin David. Great blog, better beard. (no offense) Parker and David are right. All our love The Jeff Packs.

Lindsay said...

Ok, you have the cutest family, and your so pretty. The boys are all grown up and the girls are getting SO big too! I need to come visit soon, I miss you too much.
P.S. Its a good thing I love you so much because I would have to hate you for being too cute otherwise!