Sunday, January 11, 2009

Poopy Head

Can you resist that face? I certainly cannot. This child is precious and sweet and good. She rarely cries or complains. This may explain why I have a really hard time being mad at her. Even when said child wakes up with poop balls embedded in her hair. Yes, you heard me right...I said poop balls. Here's the scoop on the poop : Wednesday morning I went in to get the girls up for the morning and noticed that something was off...not quite right. When I picked Ava up I could tell that she didn't have a diaper on. Funny though, since her jammies were totally snapped up and intact. So I turned the light on to see better and what did I find? Ava's diaper was in the crib with one lone poop ball. I thought...oh no, surely there were more...somewhere. At that moment, I looked down and saw one stuck to the front of her jammies. Then I spied one stuck to my shoulder. Eeeewwwww!!! If you know me well, you know I am a germaphobe. I proceeded to RUN her to the bathroom, drop the balls in the potty, and get her in the tub. Just as I was putting her in the water I saw the rouge ball...stuck to the back of her head. I grabbed some toilet paper and tried to pull it out, but to no avail. It was not going anywhere. It didn't budge. I grabbed the scissors and snipped it right out. I did not hesitate to give that baby a bald spot on the back of her head. I wasn't about to go scrubbing it out...YUCK! Needless to say, I washed her hair about 10 times. I was seriously grossed out. I was laughing so hard I could hardly contain myself. Emma got quite a kick out of it too. She kept saying...Oh Ava, you are soooo siddy (silly)!
After we got all cleaned up I started thinking maybe I should have taken a picture, but I have rethought that one. Would you really like to have seen a clump of poop hair?
I THINK NOT!



I also realized that Ava has a weird obsession with all things potty related. I have found her splashing in the potty far too many times to count this week. We are now working diligently to keep the bathroom doors closed at all times!

9 comments:

Music Mama said...

This is the kind of thing you never day dream about when you're considering being a mother. How funny! I can't believe you cut it right out. I probably would have tried to wash it...but then you'd have to drain the tub and scrub it out and do some more washing...yeah, cutting it out was a good call. Love you! xoxoxo

Lindsay said...

Oh my! That is for sure a story that you needed to blog about so you can remember it for years to come.

Erin said...

yuck! i think I might have thrown up! That's so gross, but Ava sure is a pretty little thing!

Unknown said...

I think that I like the version of this story written better than told. I can imagine the stress of poop balls appearing in random places.

I just read your comment on my blog and we totally need to do a craft day, ASAP! I was just thinking of that during a lull at Wallhead.

Cody and Utahna said...

Oh, I've been there, but the balls were smooshed onto every bar of the crib as well. So did you figure out how she got her pj's snapped back up again?

The Boover Bunch said...

oops. I started to laugh out loud in the hospital library. How hilarious! Oh..I've had some poop encounters, but that one takes a prize. Quick thinking on cutting it out. I probably would've tried to wash the nasty out of her hair and made even more of a mess! I sure miss those "stinkers". Kiss them for emmie..and how did she get her pjs snapped and back on? Big sister?

Nikki Painter said...

I love your decorating blog! I need some Hattiesburg information, Chris has an interview there in 2 weeks since our job opportunity in Tupelo fell through we are scrambling for him to find another...since we were just students there we know nothing about schools, where to live, etc. so if you get a moment free from the ribbon will you email me? nikkipainter@hotmail.com Thank you!

princess said...

That is so funny. I can't stop laughing.

Amanda and William said...

Ha. I am with Emily... Laughing loudly in the BYU Library. But my goodness this is a good one. I cant wait to have kids one day... They are so entertaining!