Monday, August 18, 2008

Baptism Day



I know...I cannot believe my boy is 8! Oh how the years have just passed me by. It really does feel like he was a baby just yesterday. Sometimes it's hard to admit that my boys are growing into men. I'm not quite ready for that. I think I'll keep them for a few years yet! Sunday John and Jack (best friends since birth, probably before) were baptized. It was such a sweet day. The boys were soooo excited and have been counting down the days for quite some time. Jack actually turned eight in June, but he insisted on waiting for John's birthday, so that they could be baptized on the same day. Those two are such characters! They love each other so much. They are funny and silly and happy and good. Just look at those toothy grins. They were so excited and proud of their baptism day! For those of you who don't know, they were also blessed together. They'll go their missions together, and probably get married and have families together. They are two of a kind. Cut from the same cloth. Seperated at birth. Brothers from another mother! What a blessing they are to each of their families! And how proud we are of them and their decision to be baptized. We love you John and Jack!

6 comments:

Suz said...

So sorry I missed it! Greta and Dugan were home with fevers. Come to find out now that Dugan has mono!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures....I was there in spirit~! Gunnar and "Bishop" said it was wonderful.

Cody and Utahna said...

Those pictures just make my heart swell! I wish I would have been there. I was at a ward conference and didn't know about it until the middle of choir practice that day. I know you and the rest of the PAckers are pleased as punch with those two. How I wish we had all our cousins close by :(

Unknown said...

Jack and John look so grown up and clean and pure in that picture. I can remember when they were little babies and I was afraid to hold them, lol.

Lindsay said...

Ok, they are SO cute! I love all the pictures. It's crazy how big they are getting, I remember going to Jacks first birthday party my vistit trip out! Crazy how time flys!

Erin said...

Congratulations to John! That is so cool. And way to go, Amanda, for raising such a cute, sweet, good little boy!

hannahshirley said...

I loved that day!! And I love you.